Garbage and Recycling
The City of Sandersville provides refuse, recycling, and yard waste collections to all businesses, industries and residences within the city service area. Most of these services are contracted to Precision Waste Services.
Please follow these guidelines to facilitate efficient collection.
Curbside Household Garbage Collection
- One time per week
- Place container at curbside by 6 a.m on Wednesday
- All garbage must be placed in the 95 gallon cart provided by Precision Waste Services.
- No pick up holidays: New Year's Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, service will take place one day later for that day and the remainder of the week following the holiday.
Curbside Bulk Waste Collection
- Picked up on Wednesday of each week
- Place bulky waste at curbside by 6:00am on collection day
- Bulky waste consists of stoves, water heaters , washing machines ,dryers, furniture, and other non-compostable trash.
- Does not include construction debris, dead animals, appliances containing freon
Curbside Recycle Collection
- Monthly on the first Wednesday
- Place recycle container at curbside by 6 a.m.on collection day.
- Acceptable items are: Aluminum and metal cans, foil, aeorsol cans, food and beverage containers, plastic bottles, bowls, lids, flower pots, jars, tubs, containers newspapers, cardboard and computer paper
- What is not acceptable: Glass, Plastic bags, Styrofoam, "Clamshell" lids
- All items must fit in the provided recycling bin. Do not bag materials.
- Put the following items in the recycle container provided:
- All plastic bottles, jars, tubs, lids, aerosol cans, containers, buckets and pails (up to five gallons), and flower pots.
- Metal food and beverage containers
- All aluminum food and beverage containers and foil
Curbside Yard Waste Collection
- Yard waste is collected throughout the city on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. A thoroughfare route is run on Friday
- Limbs shall be no more than 6 feet in length and 6" in diameter
- Leaves shall be piled in a single location
- No mixed debris with yard waste
- Place yard waste at curbside or roadway in front of the residence or establishment in which it accumulated within reach of the equipment
- Do not place construction materials or processed lumber at curbside
- Do not allow waste to restrict traffic or the flow of storm water
- Do not place waste in such a manner as to present a hazard to the operator of the equipment to carry out the collection