Understanding Your Internet Access Services
We are committed to providing our Internet services as an open platform for innovation, investment, job creation, economic growth, competition, and free expression. We do not block any lawful content, applications, services, or your use of non-harmful devices, or
discriminate in transmitting lawful network traffic. The purpose of this disclosure is to make available information regarding our network management practices and the performance and commercial terms of our broadband Internet access services to enable you to make informed choices regarding the purchase and use of our services, in accordance with Part 8 of the Rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This document is intended to be informational and does not replace or alter your contract.
Resolving Complaints and Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about your Internet services, please call us at (478) 552-2525.
We currently offer standard broadband Internet services of up to 2 mbps upload and download. Please note that our service is described as offering “up to” certain speeds. We cannot guarantee that customers will always experience those speeds. The following variables (which are often out of our control) can affect actual speeds experienced by a customer:
- Performance of a customer’s computer, including its age, processing capability, its operating system, the number of applications running simultaneously, and the presence of any adware or viruses.
- Type of connection between a customer’s computer and modem. For example, wireless connections may be slower than direct connections into a router or modem. Wireless connections also may be subject to greater fluctuations, interference and congestion.
- The distance packets travel (round trip time of packets) between a customer’s computer and its final destination on the Internet, including the number and quality of the networks of various operators in the transmission path. A customer's connection may traverse the networks of multiple providers before reaching its destination, and the limitations of those networks can affect the overall speed of that Internet connection.
- Congestion. If a large number of visitors are accessing a site or particular destination at the same time, your connection will be affected if the site or destination does not have sufficient capacity to serve all of the visitors efficiently. We serve each customer over dedicated fiber, so we typically do not experience congestion common to shared networks that occurs when customers served by the same facilities simultaneously request high volumes of data, such as peak usage hours; however, some congestion is possible between our network and the Internet.
- Gating of speeds or access by the website or destination. In order to control traffic or performance, many websites limit the speeds at which a visitor can download from their site. Those limitations will carry through to a customer's connection.
- The performance of the modem you have installed. Modem performance may degrade over time, and certain modems are not capable of handling higher speeds.
At this time, we do not offer other services over your facilities that could materially affect your Internet performance.
Based upon our observations, we expect that you will typically be able to achieve close to 2mbps at all times of day using our service, given that such services are provided over fiber dedicated to you. The mean round-trip latency is approximately 65 milliseconds.
Customers are able to test service speeds using the links provided below. Please note that all speed tests have biases and flaws, and should be considered only as informational and not a reflection of actual performance. If you are consistently testing substantially below your contracted speed, please contact us for assistance.
Commercial Terms of Service
Your contract establishes the terms and conditions of service, which may include penalties for termination of service prior to the end of the term of your contract. Our standard contract is attached hereto for informational purposes for prospective customers. At this time, there are no limits other than the speed of service regarding the quantity of data that you transmit or receive, and no additional charges that apply based on usage. No additional privacy or other policies apply to your service.
At this time, we do not engage in any network management practices, target specific types of traffic based on their technology or their provider, modify protocol fields in ways not prescribed by the protocol standard, or otherwise inhibit or favor certain applications or classes of applications. We do not block or manage any specific protocols or protocol ports, but reserve the right to do so and/or to take other corrective actions after providing written notice to a customer who has violated the terms of service or is engaging in practices that could harm the network or other customers’ utilization of our services.
We lease equipment used for your service as part of your contract. All such equipment remains our property. At this time, we do not restrict you from using other equipment from your services that is compatible with and not harmful to our network.