Washington County Regional Medical Center
Post Office Box 636
610 Sparta Road
Sandersville, GA 31082
Main Number: 478-240-2000
For More Information: www.wcrmc.com
Washington County Regional Medical Center is a non-profit, joint commission accredited healthcare organization, governed by the Hospital Authority. It has a medical staff of 23 physicians. There are 56 Acute Care beds within the hospital and a 60 bed Extended Care Facility attached to the hospital. The hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgery.
Services provided by the hospital include:
- Birthing Center/Obstetrical Services
- Emergency Care
- Imaging Center
- Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
- Intensive Care
- Laboratory & Pathology Services
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Pediatrics Clinic
- Radiology Services
- Respiratory Therapy
Extended Care Facility
Located adjacent to Washington County Regional Medical Center, a 60 bed facility has the added conveniences of a hospital based long term care center with direct access to the hospital lab, radiology, respiratory, and therapy departments. This facility includes 32 private rooms and 14 semi private rooms. The hospital accept residents with Medicare, Medicaid and private pay.
- Skilled nursing care 24 hours a day.
- Quality, personalized care provided by Certified Nursing Assistants with 25 or more years of experience at ECF.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy provided by Hospital Rehab Services. We also offer an ongoing Restorative program for continued rehabilitation.
- Activities provided for group and individual socialization on a daily basis.
- Social Services to meet the individual needs of our residents.
- Community involvement with local churches, schools and civic organizations. ECF was awarded first place by the Georgia Nursing Home Association for Special Community Involvement and third place for Total Community Involvement for 2004-2005.
- Volunteers who graciously give of their time and talents on an ongoing basis. WCRMC Volunteers were awarded 2004-2005 Volunteer Group of the Year by the Georgia Nursing Home Association. Volunteer, Margie Fessler was awarded 2004-2005 Volunteer of the Year for ECF by GNHA.
- Volunteer Pastors who visit weekly, provide worship services on Sunday, and serve as volunteer chaplains when needed.
- Registered dietician on staff to provide meals with the residents likes and dislikes in mind as well as the individual medical need of the each resident. Alternative meals and snacks between meals are provided.
- An active family and resident council.
- Daily housekeeping and laundry services.
- A beautiful garden and patio built and maintained by the WCRMC Volunteers. A goldfish pond and fountain, birdfeeders, and a vegetable garden furnished by the "Giving Back to the Community"
Wellness Works is centered on excellence in member care and service to the community. As a rural regional medical center, WCRMC delivers service based upon the needs of the member and the staff works to be faithful stewards of medical and wellness resources. Membership is offered to all residents of Washington County and the surrounding service area. Members are offered lifestyle improvement and preventative care opportunities through fitness and education.
The Rehabilitation Services Department is a diverse and progressive area of the facility providing inpatient acute and sub-acute care, outpatient services and nursing home care.
This department provides quality Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and Massage Therapy. Specialized programs include Sports Medicine and Lymphedema Management. The Community Outreach Program includes such activities as participating in Career Day at local schools, Health Fairs, Diabetic Education and Body Mechanics In-services.
The hospital is an approved clinical affiliation site for the Physical Therapy and Physical Therapist Assistant schools in Georgia. The work experience will serve as an excellent opportunity for a new graduate or a seasoned therapist to develop and perfect a wide variety of skills. The work environment is energetic and fast paced with each therapist setting his/her own schedule. The team approach involves a close working relationship with all disciplines including nursing and medical staff.